Sunday, April 8, 2012

Symptons of Scalp Psoriasis - is there a cure?

-----------------���ç���Ѻ----------------

www.dermasolve.com My story with scalp psoriasis started about 10 years ago. I was in high school, woke up that morning and decided to put on a black sweater. Through out the day I realized that my black sweater was no longer black. The sweater appeared to have a white layer of flakey snow on my shoulders. As you can imagine I was very upset and needed to find a remedy immediately. I first starting using dandruff shampoo, but all dandruff shampoos did not work. After suffering with embarrassment for a year with no cure, I did some research and here is what I found: At the onset, scalp psoriasis often is confused with seborrheic dermatitis (aka dandruff). "Dandruff tends to itch more, and it has a greasy-appearing yellow scale; in contrast, psoriasis-whether it's on your scalp or any other body part -- tends to have a thick, silvery scale." Dr. Strachen explains. "Scalp psoriasis may itch and become easily irritated during a flare, however, and it also may affect your hairline or creep down onto your forehead, nape of your neck, or ears." And this is exactly what was happening to me. The psoriasis started creeping down on my forehead, sides of my face and ears. I desperately needed to find a solution. I tried a number of different prescriptions from the dermatologist, nothing worked. Then I read in a magazine that the first step in treating scalp psoriasis effectively involves removing or lifting thick scales so topical medications can penetrate the problem plaques and ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment